ASP 2022 – Side event CRSV in Ukraine
Welcome to “A sustainable model for responding to conflict-related sexual violence in Ukraine”
To follow the interpretation or join online, please access this link.
The agenda for today’s event is as follows:
- 13:15-13:20. Introduction and welcoming remarks by H.E. Henk-Cor van der Kwast, Ambassador of the Kingdom of The Netherlands
- 13:20-13:25. Presentation of the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s ‘Victim and Witness-Orientated strategy for the prosecution of CRSV crimes’by Iryna Didenko, Head of the Specialised CRSV Unit, War Crimes Department of the Ukrainian Office of the Prosecutor General
- 13:25-13:30. Video message by Iryna Dovgan, Survivor activist and Coordinator of SEMA Ukraine (Network of Victims and Survivors of Wartime Sexual Violence)
- 13:30-14:20. Panel discussion moderated by Alix Vuillemin, Advocacy Director, Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice
- Hrystyna Kit, Chairwoman of the Association of Women’s Lawyers of Ukraine “JurFem”
- Kateryna Cherepakha, President of the CSO “La Strada-Ukraine”
- Anna Mykytenko, Country Manager – Ukraine, Global Rights Compliance
- Carolyn Edgerton, Legal consultant and mentor, former ICTY Trial Attorney
- Kim Thuy Seelinger, Special Adviser to the ICC Prosecutor on Sexual Violence in Conflict
- 14:20-14:35. Questions from the audience
- 14:35-14:45. Concluding remarks by Andrew Murdoch, Legal Director of the UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office
You can find more information about the event in this concept note. A Ukrainian version is also available.
The event is co-organised by The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Australia, Poland, Canada, Global Rights Compliance, the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), and Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice.
- “Victim and witness-oriented strategy for the prosecution of CRSV crimes“, Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine – in Ukrainian. Available in English here.
- “Sexual and Gender-Based Violence: A Glossary from A to Z”, International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) – also available in Ukrainian.
- “The Hague Principles on Sexual Violence”
- “Global Code of Conduct for Gathering and Using Information about Systematic and Conflict-Related Sexual Violence” (Murad Code) – also available in Ukrainian.
- Basic Investigative Standards Manual for Documenting International Crimes in Ukraine, Global Rights Compliance.
- IIIM Gender Strategy and Implementation Plan